All photos I have posted in this blog are my own, (unless I've stated that they are someone else's). Please do not use them without my permission. You are welcome to link back to this site.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Spam will not be tolerated. I automatically DELETE those so don't even try!

Friday, January 15, 2010

A Project I’m Working On.

What a beautiful day today was!  Our temperature was in the upper 50s.  Aaaah, I am looking forward to spring. 

Today I will be linking with Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for Met Monday and Kimba @ http://asoftplace.net for DIY Day Tuesday.  Please visit their blogs for other participant’s inspirational photos. 

So today I decided to take out my sewing machine and do some sewing.  I had to dust it off a little because it’s been a while.  It’s been a while since I’ve used it.  *blushing here*  A sweet friend suggested to me that I should buy the Janome 405 sewing machine and that’s the one I bought for me. :)  I really need to put it to more use though. 

I am changing the colors in my front bathroom and went shopping for towels.  Decorative towels can get expensive, can’t they?  I got this bright idea to make my own decorative towels and found some inexpensive towels at Target.  The colors I chose are Brown and Aqua.  I don’t think this picture is showing the true colors.  IMG_0076 (800x600) 

I found a beautiful fabric at Hobby Lobby that matches the aqua towels.  So I cut some strips and sewed it on to the edge of the towels.  IMG_0077 (600x800) 

I may add a decorative tassel to the bottom of the towels.  Hmmm?IMG_0083 (800x600)

Don’t look at the stitching close up please! I am a newby in the world of sewing. :)IMG_0079 (600x800) 

I need to look for a shower curtain and some accessories for the bathroom.  I think I will make a little valance in the same fabric as well.  What do you think?   Oooh!  I will be sewing like a pro before you know it. :) 

To everyone that follows my blog…who read my blog. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.   Thank  you for stopping by my blog.

Blessings,

Sandra

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sandra, the towels look beautiful! I think that fabric is awesome. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Sandra, your towels are gorgeous. I love that fabric and it will be stunning as a valance for the shower curtain too. You did a great job. I can't wait to see the finished bathroom. Hugs, Marty

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Those are pretty! You did good! :)

Sue said...

What a great idea! I don't sew at all. Buttons are a challenge for me, so I really admire anyone who can do it!

Sue

Ginny said...

I surely do not know how to sew, but wished I did. However, my bathroom colors are brown and aqua. I love the color combination!

Melissa Miller said...

~WOW! How gorgeous Sandra! I do love the beautiful fabric.

Thank you for your kind words about my new healthy life. They mean so much to me my friend.

Blessings, ~Melissa :)

Jenny said...

Love your towel redo. Those are gorgeous.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

These look fantastic, Sandra! I think you did a great job! What a good idea to dress up your towels with fabric; I love the pattern you chose, too.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Sandra, you did a wonderful sewing job. And I love the color combo as well as the beautifully matched fabric you sewed on the towels to make them a one-of-a-kind piece!
Good for you. I love your idea about the shower curtain too. Please post and take pictures.
Yvonne

Kammy said...

So nice and designer like - great job !
Kammy

Amanda Lee said...

Love how you customized your towels! They turned out beautifully.

Angie Holden said...

I love those towels!! You did a great job!

KK said...

That is a great idea! They look great. And your sewing looks pretty good. Thanks for sharing. KK