All photos I have posted in this blog are my own, (unless I've stated that they are someone else's). Please do not use them without my permission. You are welcome to link back to this site.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Spam will not be tolerated. I automatically DELETE those so don't even try!

Monday, July 13, 2009

Today’s Thrifty Treasures & A Question for The Texas Gals!

 

SouthernHospThriftyTreasurescopy

 

My question for the Texas gals is:  What stores/flea markets do you gals recommend that I shop in the Houston area?   I love antiques or any good buys.  We’re planning a trip with our oldest son to that area.  He will start medical school in Houston next month!  Alrighty….on to Today’s Thrifty Treasures!

Welcome to Today’s Thrifty Treasures.   Be sure to visit Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for more Today's Thrifty Treasures participants.

I don’t have much to show this week.   I found one of this though and I can’t wait to make a chalkboard!  I paid just a 1.00 for this!  Woohoo!IMG_3610

I paid 50 cents each on these!  I am planning on spray painting these to a black with a white monogram on the center and use them in my twin boys’ room.  The little basket was also a 1.00.   I haven’t thought of where I will put it but I’m sure I’ll find a place.  IMG_3607 

And lastly, I bought this for a 1.00 as well!   IMG_3588

And that is it.  There weren’t many yard sales this past weekend.  Y0u all make sure to stop by Rhoda’s blog  at Southern Hospitality and check out what everyone else found in their thrifting!  

Have a wonderful day!

Sandra

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stuff, esspecially the candy dish and vase.

Congratulations on your son getting into med. school... I am sure you are a proud mama.

blushing rose said...

You did very well, Sandra. They are all lovely finds. Love the tray most. TTFN ~Marydon

Tarva said...

I really like the planters just the way they are. I'm sure they'll look cute with the monogram.

Signing Out said...

Nice finds! Congrats on your son attending medical school. You must be so proud of him!

Jane

Reid said...

LOVE your tray! The handles are a score! Can't wait to see the finished product! And how do you do your monograms? I want to do one on a tray I just painted but can't figure out the easiest way to do that.??
Thnks for stopping in!

Bonnie said...

A doctor in the family?...Score!
Love all your finds, can't wait to see the re-dos.

As for the poolboy, he's very camera shy, he swore the Playboy centerfold was going to be his last public appearance.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Great finds. I love the planters. I am looking for nautical stuff myself for a tablescape. Have a great weekend.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Sandra, you did good! I just made my first chalkboard this week too. Looks like we have the same zebra runner too.

K@The Thrifty Teacher said...

Love the candy dish too! Great finds :)

Nicole A. said...

Great finds! Love that tray! Those little tins will be so cute painted with a monogram!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Great stuff my friend...I have a candy dish like that one but cost alot more...You did great...may you have a wonderful week...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Bill said...

Hi Sandra,
I must say you're a very savvy thrifter -- great finds! That's wonderful news about your son starting medical school!!! You and your hubby must be SO proud!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving the nice comment.
Bye for now,
Bill