All photos I have posted in this blog are my own, (unless I've stated that they are someone else's). Please do not use them without my permission. You are welcome to link back to this site.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Spam will not be tolerated. I automatically DELETE those so don't even try!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Pumpkin Bread Anyone?

IMG_6948

Hi y’all!   We are having some cool mornings finally! Actually, I’ve had my windows open all day today!   It is so nice to have some cool breeze coming in and not having to use the A.C.  This morning I was in the “baking” mood and made a pumpkin bread and a banana bread.  I made the banana bread for a neighbor.  I love baking goodies and sharing with my neighbors. :)  IMG_6953

Here is the recipe I used.  I also made a cream cheese frosting and used just a smidgen of it for the topping.  I don’t like too much frosting, do you? :)

Ingredients:

3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 can (16 ounces) pumpkin or fresh pumpkin if you’d like.  (I used canned)

Directions
Grease and flour pan.  Heat oven to 350*F.
In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and soda, spices, and salt.

In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil, and eggs; stir until well blended.  Stir pumpkin into the egg mixture.  Gradually add sifted dry ingredients to the pumpkin and egg mixture, stirring well after each addition.  Spoon batter into prepared tube pan.  Bake for 1 hour and around 15 to 20 minutes, or when cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.  Remove from oven and cool on a rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan.

Cream Cheese Frosting (optional)

  • 6 oz Cream Cheese at room temperature
  • About 2 to 3 cups of powdered sugar.  I didn’t use all three cups.  I used a little over 2 cups.  It was good.
  • 1/3 cup of butter, room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1-2 tablespoons milk

Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and butter in medium bowl.   Add vanilla and milk to reach a smooth texture and desired spreadability.

Well I hope you all are having a wonderful day!  Please take time to relax and enjoy yourselves. :)

TA TA FOR NOW!

Sandra

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, of course I will. I'll just take the whole load :) I love pumpkin bread - the spices are wonderful. I'm going to save the recipe and try it.

I'm always baking and giving stuff away since we can't eat as much anymore. Our Bible study starts back up on Tuesday so I'll have lots of people to bake for!

I just put together a post about my porch. I've linked back to you in the post. I'll post it probably on Monday or so.

Anonymous said...

Sandra, do you have a feature that stops any copying from your blog? I couldn't get the recipe highlighted and copies. Maybe it's my computer??? It's ok. I remember how to write :)

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Wow, You've got lots of energy Sandra...
Two different kinds of bread.
I must try putting frosting on my pumpkin bread...looks delish!
Have a wonderful weekend my friend.
Fall is here!
xoxo~kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Anonymous said...

Thank you!!! I got it saved in my recipe file and copied to try it out this week. You're the best!

Natasha in Oz said...

This looks so delicious! I can't wait to try this. Thanks for the recipe.

Best wishes,
Natasha.

KimMalk said...

This looks wonderful, I never would have thought to use icing! I like your scarecrow face in the background, so cute.