All photos I have posted in this blog are my own, (unless I've stated that they are someone else's). Please do not use them without my permission. You are welcome to link back to this site.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Spam will not be tolerated. I automatically DELETE those so don't even try!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Twins!

Happy Birthday to my twins Alex & Austin!   Ten years ago, I had the most precious baby boys on April 1st.  Our precious bundles of joy were not due to be born until May18th.  Time passes too quick.  As I write this, I have tears.  Tears of joy at how proud I am of you both.  Tears that you probably would not understand why mama is crying.  We (mamas) cry when we’re sad, we cry when we’re happy, we cry when we love.  Aaah, my babies. I love you so much.  Words cannot express how much mama loves you.  I love you with all of my heart. 

I had the toughest pregnancy ever and was put on bed rest very early on.  At 28 weeks, I went into preterm labor and spent a week in the hospital.  Thankfully, my labor pains did stop and I was able to keep them in utero longer.  Whew….I was put on strict bed rest. While I was on bed rest, I embroidered to pass my time.  If you know me, this was very hard for me not to be able to do anything that required me to walk.  I made this  blanket for my babies.  I embroidered everything by hand.  :)

IMG_5692

IMG_5696

I don’t remember how long it took me to finish it but it was a long time. lol 

IMG_5694

Can you see the blanket we used as a back drop? :)

IMG_5716

I vividly remember going into labor at home all the while hubby was at Home Depot! I had sent him earlier to Home Depot to buy some material.  What a time for him to go!  Our three older boys were panicking as I was too!  As soon as hubby got home, the boys ran outside to tell him that mama was having the babies.  Of course he thought it was a joke, being April’s Day! He had been playing jokes on them so he really thought that they were trying to play a joke on him!  Once he realized that it was not a joke, we hurried and left the boys with our neighbor so that their grandma could pick them up.  My husband was terribly nervous and when we arrived at the hospital he told the nurses in the E.R.  “My water broke!” and then he tried to correct himself and said “My water wife broke!”  Ha ha!  Of course the nurses knew what he was talking about  so they ran to our car and wheeled me right in.  I had them at around ten p.m.  (Please excuse the quality of the picture. It is very old.) 

~LWF00001

One weighed 3.9 lbs. and the other weighed 3.12 lbs.  My babies spent time in special care so that they could gain weight and be able to come home.  We thank God that there were no complications with them.   Leaving the hospital empty handed (so to speak) was the hardest for me.   I visited them everyday and more than once a day.  

You wouldn’t be able to tell that they were premature babies if you saw them now. :) 

IMG_2857

I hope you enjoyed my story about my twin boys. :)  I’m off to make cupcakes for their classes! :)  I am going to make cupcakes with pretend dirt (crushed Oreo cookies) and a gummy worm sticking out of each cupcake. :)  I’ll show you pictures as soon as I finish them.  Have a happy happy and fun April Fool’s Day.

Happy Birthday Boys!!

Ta Ta For Now

Sandra

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...Happy Birthday Alex and Austin! What sweet babies grown into sweet young men. Now that's a good April Fools, no the best.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Happy Birthday to your Sons!! :)

Unknown said...

Sweet Sandra ~ The boys are darling as wee ones & absolutely handsome now.

Happy birthday big guys ... enjoy your day & give Mother a hug of love.

Happy Easter!
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Unknown said...

Sweet Sandra ~ What darling wee ones then & handsome young 'men' now. And, you looked like a million holding those little fellas.

Happy Birthday fellas ... Happy Birth Day to Mother ...

Happy Easter!
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

BellaRosa said...

Sandra amor, Happy Belated Birthday to your boys! This is the first chances that I have had to visit my favorite blogs, amor, I hope you and your lovely family had a beautiful Easter! And amor, am I crazy or do I remember you posting about your birthday coming up?? Please let me know...Besos, Rose