All photos I have posted in this blog are my own, (unless I've stated that they are someone else's). Please do not use them without my permission. You are welcome to link back to this site.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Spam will not be tolerated. I automatically DELETE those so don't even try!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Red Doors

A red door means "welcome". There are many meanings to a red front door.  In Feng Shui, a red door symbolizes the mouth of the home. By painting our door red (or any bright color that stands out) chi which means positive energy, is drawn to the house. It is the entry point in which abundance and opportunities find us. 

I’m joining Sue for Rednesday.

REDNESDAY button 3 

 

Please visit Sue and check out what other participants are showing off!  

I drove around town and took pictures of red doors. 

This is a log house with a red door.  The red door rally stands out! IMG_5494

 

IMG_5496

This red door is behind that brick wall.  Oh but the door is so vibrant and you can spot it right away!

IMG_5501

This door is a deep red color.  I love it! I looks so vibrant!

IMG_5500

This is one of my favorite doors!  I love the shade of this red

IMG_5498

And last….this is my red door.  It used to be just a white door, actually it wasn’t even painted.   The color we chose is called Posh Red by Valspar.  Uh oh! I’ve yet, to plant flowers in my pots!  We will be working on that this weekend.

IMG_5831

I painted the doorknob and deadbolt in Oil Rubbed Bronze.

IMG_5833

It complements the green, doesn’t it? :)  I still need to add my spring decor to my garland.

IMG_5824 

Red really does complement the green and the shade of red brick. :)

IMG_5828

Now what to do with the inside of the door?   I’d love to paint it red as well.  What do you think?  Would you paint it red or paint it white?

IMG_5844

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! :)  Have a wonderful Wednesday!

TA TA FOR NOW!

Sandra

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sandra, are we so similar in our tastes right down to a red front door???I was just thinking about painting my door red. Yet another thing in common if I do find the "right" shade of red. We just keep unfolding with the same taste.

We need our home painted badly and were going to do it last summer, well that passed because it costs so much and this year it's not negotiable. We have to have it painted and I've been thinking about doing the door red since my home is light gray, white trim, and gray stonework.

Unknown said...

Sandra, I love a red door! Yours is awesome. It does look great with the green and red brick. I bet your house is easy to decorate for Christmas!

I am pretty safe on the inside and probably would not paint the inside red... but that's just me. If you do it... show us!

Thanks for stopping by and saying nice stuff! :)

~Liz

BellaRosa said...

Sandra amor, I LOVE your red door! The color is just gorgeous! Our house is pale yellow, and we painted ours white, but I wanted something to pop...either dark hunter green or red and after seeing, all these gorgeous, red doors, I am leaning towards the red so much more now :) I think your home is just gorgeous and love when you show all your pretty rooms, our tastes are very similar :) Makes me happy to think this means I have good taste :) Have a beautiful day amor! Besos, Rose

Unknown said...

I too love red doors. What a delightful welcome that would be to come home to..thanks for sharing...fun pictures! Mica

Gwendolen Elaine said...

Great post! I enjoyed seeing all the different shades on the doors.Yours is gorgeous, and most definitely complements the green paint and brick of your home.Thanks for sharing!

Angela said...

My doors are red also in my home but I plan on repainting them. RED of course,,just a different red that what they are..something similar to yours actually...Love what you did with your door.

★Carol★ said...

I always love to see a red front door, and yours is just beautiful! I like your porch, with the garland and that little chair. I'd love to see it again with the spring decor added to it. Such a nice, inviting way to enter your home!
Happy REDnesday!
Carol

SueLovesCherries said...

I love the design on that first red door. Your whole porch area is beautiful and, yes, the colors do complement each other well.

I painted my doors blue, inspired from one of my address labels but, in the 6 years we've had this house, I haven't touched the inside of the doors - don't know what to do! Good luck!

Sherrie said...

That could be so cool, doing a road trip and taking photos of red's around town. Thanks for sharing.

Susan Freeman said...

While I really love the outside of your door painted red, I would not paint the inside red. Once inside, there is a different vibration. Red is enervating, keep it calm. Imagine what you want to feel once inside and go with colors that reflect that feeling.

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

I love your Red Door ! I always feel drawn to a red door , They are so welcoming .
Blessings,
~Myrna

Ann said...

Your red front door as well as all the others really is great. Red is the best color for a front door. I like that you painted your hardware the oil rubbed bronze. You had asked would we paint the inside red? I would not. I think it might clash with what you have going on in the entry. But, that being said you could always try it and if you don't like repaint. It is a quick fix.

craftyles said...

Hi,
I really like your red door-I've always wanted one. Mine is green. Oh well. I'm not sure on the inside, but you can always paint over it if you don;t like it.
Leslie

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Such a pretty red! I do believe that red doors are very inviting!!

Infarrantly Creative said...

I heart red doors myself. Your deadbolt looks great. Love ORB spray paint myself.

Room to Inspire said...

I just love your red door! There is something about a red door that just says "come on in"!

Chelsea