All photos I have posted in this blog are my own, (unless I've stated that they are someone else's). Please do not use them without my permission. You are welcome to link back to this site.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Spam will not be tolerated. I automatically DELETE those so don't even try!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Decorative Tassels: It’s Official, I’m Addicted! and more about my trip to Houston.

Hi everyone!  I wanted to tell you a little bit about what happened when I went to Houston.  My sweet hubby dropped me off at the airport and I had packed everything in a carry-on.  That way I wouldn’t have to deal with waiting and waiting at the airport in Houston.  If you’ve never been there, there are tons and tons of people.  The wait for checked luggage is a little too long for me.  I thought it would be easier just to have a carry-on.  I get to the area where you pass thru security.  I didn’t sound off the alarm or anything.  My carry-on bag did!  Actually, they had to take a closer look in my bag.  I was wondering what was going on.  I knew I didn’t have anything illegal, lol.  Lots of hair products for sure.   The gal proceeds to ask me if I have anything sharp that might poke her….ummmm no I don’t.  She goes thru my bag and my hair products were a little too big.  I had a gloss oil for hair that was 5 oz and I had another type of oil that tames the hair from becoming frizzy that was a 6 oz bottle.  I also had a small bottle of body wash.  I had forgotten that nothing can be more than 3 oz because of security reasons.  Oh my gosh!  My hubby had already left and I didn’t want my bag to become a “checked” bag either.  These three products ended up in the trash can.  It was a good thing that those three bottles were just about empty anyway or I would have cried right there.  Just kidding.  Anyway, lesson learned here, definitely. When flying, do not carry more than 3 oz bottles, my friends.  Everything else during the flight was just fine. :)

Friends, I am addicted to making tassels.  Everyone says that once you make one tassel, you end up making more and I believe it.  LOL  I made this one more springy or Easter like.   I just happen to place the tassel there and really liked how it looks.  :)  The framed sign is from Hobby Lobby as is the bunny, ribbons, and metal art. 

IMG_5534

I used ribbons in purple, pink, and flower patterned.  The fringe is an off white color as is the ribbon the tassel is hanging from.

IMG_5538

Here is another tassel I made.  This one is made with colors of black, ivory, light beige, and the fringe in an ivory color.  The little bird is from Dollar Tree.  Guess what though.  My sweet hubby tried to drill a hole on top of it and he couldn’t get thru it.  I don’t know what material this little bird is made of but he just couldn’t drill thru it.  So here I am holding just to show it to you guys.  I need to find something I can glue to the top so that it can be hung.  ugh,,,

IMG_5619

I added a bow to the back. I thought it gave it a more finished look.
 
IMG_5625

IMG_5626

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could use up on top of the bird to be able to hang it? 

I am linking this post to Make it for Monday.

100_1731-1-1 

Met Monday

and

ITS-SO-VERY-CREATIVE-BUTTON 

Please visit these wonderful blogs for a list of other participants and their inspiring ideas. :)
Have a Wonderful Wonderful Day!
Ta Ta For Now
Sandra

10 comments:

Sue said...

I don't fly, but my daughter is coming home in May. I need to remind her about the 3 oz. deal. Your tassels are so cute. I really love the second one with the black. I have no suggestions on how to top it...I didn't even know what a tassel was before blogging!

Ana said...

Oh Sandra,
I love your tassels. You did a great job...Can't decide which one's my favorite though...Love the cute little bunny but, birdies are my fave :-)...Anyway, so glad your trip went well and that you are back home safe and sound. Have a wonderful day my dear friend.

Besitos,
♥Ana

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sorry your things got pitched. :(
Great job on the tassels - very pretty.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Glad your home safe and had a GREAT time my friend..now about the tassels when I buy something that I can't drill through I use a ribbon and Gorilla Glue to hold it...let the glue dry for at least 2 days before trying to hang it...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Denise said...

I want to make more tassels but I'm having a hard time finding things that already have a place to hang them. I've got one bird from Hobby Lobby this week that I will have to ask hubby to drill a hole in to (hopefully he can). Not sure how you could hang yours? I hope you can figure something out, they look gorgeous :)

Kathleen Ellis said...

Sandra, these tassels are adorable! Where did you learn to make them? I love the bunny one!
Spring isn't too far away...soon each day will be warm!
;-D

Anonymous said...

Your tassels are beautiful. I have that same bunny from HL, only in pink. I'm going to be posting a tassel I recently made tonight. Pop on over and take a peek. You're right about getting addicted to them.

Melissa Miller said...

Sandra I'm so glad you had a nice trip! That's great!

Your tassels are so precious for Spring! I wish I could make them too. Great job! Isn't Kirklands just the best. Show us your new sign soon. :)

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Oh my gosh Sandra does your talent end! I love those wonderful tassels you are making! Soooooooo CUTE!!!!
Can you drill a small hole in birdies head to put a wire thru?
To hang him?


I am really enjoying your blog!

Hugz, Dolly

Monica said...

I understand what you say, Sandra! Tassel making is addictive! Yours are really lovely!
Thanks for visiting and for your nice comment.
Monica.