All photos I have posted in this blog are my own, (unless I've stated that they are someone else's). Please do not use them without my permission. You are welcome to link back to this site.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Spam will not be tolerated. I automatically DELETE those so don't even try!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Changes on my Fireplace.

Hello everyone! How is your summer going? Today I am joining http://www.theshabbychiccottage.net/ for Transformation Thursday!  Please visit this wonderful blog to see what everyone else is sharing with us.

Anyway,  I really hope y’all haven’t forgotten me.  Please accept my apology for not posting often.  I have been so busy with my husband and boys.  Our oldest son Jr is home for the summer from med school so we’ve been nonstop with him.  He won’t be able to come home next summer cause he’ll have to take classes in the summer too.  He is getting ready to do year two of med school!  I feel a little bit of melancholy when I think that he won’t be able to come like he did this year. 
I also feel a little bit “sad” if you will, cause I logged on to my blog and lost a follower.  Who could have left me?  I have to remember that it’s not about how many followers you have, is it? 
Anyway, I made a few changes on the fireplace.  You may remember that it used to be this color.  http://mybellarose.blogspot.com/2010/01/there-is-mantel-party.html
This is before:
IMG_0061 (800x662) (800x662)[16] 
And this is after:
I painted the mantel in Tobacco Road just like the walls.  The picture is from Kirklands. The “M”  and everything else is from Hobby Lobby.
IMG_6672
I love it!
IMG_6667
I love this picture!  I had been looking for something more scenic if that is a word and had seen another picture called “Country Bouquet” at Kirklands.  Well the picture was way too big for the fireplace.  I found this one and loved it just as much. 
IMG_6673
Here is a close up of a little cloche I place on top of the mantel. :)
IMG_6675
The color I used for the fireplace is called “Antique White” by Behr.  I then dry brushed tobacco road thru out the fireplace to give it that shaded look.  I also used a rag.  Can you see the shaded look?
IMG_6677
Here is another picture that shows the shades a little better. 
IMG_6680
I have started to have a thing for swans here lately!  I found this one at Home Goods in San Antonio, Tx when we were there shopping for my Caddy! :)  She sure is graceful, isn’t she? :) 

IMG_6681
Well I hope y’all enjoyed my fireplace changes. Like I told my hubby  “This is the last time I paint my fireplace!” Ha ha! 
My next post is about the curtains I bought.  I had also bought two faux wood blinds from JCP but when they arrived, one of them was damaged so I’m waiting for another one. 
Everyone have a wonderful Thursday!
TA TA FOR NOW!
Sandra

4 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Beautifully displayed fireplace and mantel Sandra! The color is prefect. I love the *M* and the new picture is just gorgeous. Great job!

Don't apologize for not blogging very often! We all understand life is important.

Have a fabulous summer with your son sweet friend. ~Melissa :)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Like what you did with your mantel. Enjoy the time with your son. I have lost a few followers along the way I must have got to boring for them. :-D

Sue said...

It looks great! Enjoy your kids while you can...they leave so soon.

I know what you mean about losing followers. I only lost a couple during these months of my mother's illness and death. I was so honored that my readers stuck with me, even though I wasn't around much. I felt as if I should apologize to the 2 that left...if I knew who they were.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Sandra, What a transformation! I love the new brick color and the mantle arrangement.
xo, Sherry