All photos I have posted in this blog are my own, (unless I've stated that they are someone else's). Please do not use them without my permission. You are welcome to link back to this site.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Spam will not be tolerated. I automatically DELETE those so don't even try!

Saturday, September 12, 2009

My Fall Topiary

Hello my fellow blogger friends!   After visiting Amy @ http://keepnthesunnyside.blogspot.com/2009/09/im-such-copy-cat.html and saw the topiary she made, I knew I had to make one for me too.   I don’t think mine is as pretty as hers but it sure was fun. 

I started with this pot I found at Hobby Lobby on clearance.  It was a burgundy color so I spray painted it with oil rubbed bronze color. 

IMG_4143_1

I used my hot glue gun to attach the pumpkins and that was it.  I also used the glue to attach the leaves and mums.  I made the bow myself and glued the back of the center to the pumpkin.   I may have to run to Michaels and buy some rub on letters like Amy put on her topiary.  Love it!  

She will be placed outside as soon as I finish redecorating my garland out there.  IMG_4156

This is a very easy project and I really enjoyed making it. :)  I hope everyone has a lovely and blessed weekend.

Blessings,

Sandra

14 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

It is gorgeous. I love it. Much better than the basket of faux flowers I put on the porch. I may have to copy too. It is so pretty. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this great idea! Very beautiful! Warm wishes, Esther

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

OH it looks great! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

Unknown said...

I LOVE how that turned out! I have been busying myself w/fall too..finally posted today about what I have done..come on by if you get a chance!

Blessings...Lorena

Stacey said...

Sandra, tht turned out so pretty. Way to go!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I am just in the process of making a similar one! Thanks for your inspiration! Cindy

Melissa Miller said...

~GORGEOUS topiary Sandra!

~WOW I just adore it and your creativity. Beautiful ribbon as well.

~Blessings my friend, ~Melissa ;

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, Sandra! You did a fantastic job!
be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Cass @ That Old House said...

That is really CUTE!
Love it ... Cass

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Sandra, such a cute idea! I had thought of doing something similar last year, and then didn't... but you're inspired me to try something fun this year!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Ginny said...

Oh, What a great idea! I am going today to purchase some pumpkins and things to do it!

Unknown said...

Ewwwwwww! :) This is really cute and clever. I might just have to copy you! :)

~Liz

Tootsie said...

this is seriously cute!!! I am going to try that too!!! I am posting a set of pumpkins I made myself on the inspiration from another blogger too this week

Rosy Inspiration said...

Wow! You did a great job, very Fall.