All photos I have posted in this blog are my own, (unless I've stated that they are someone else's). Please do not use them without my permission. You are welcome to link back to this site.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Spam will not be tolerated. I automatically DELETE those so don't even try!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Oranges + Spinach= Turbocharged Energy!

Top your greens with berries or mandarin oranges.  A study shows they also ramp up energy.  Vitamin C helps the body absorb the fatigue-fighting iron in leafy veggies, so you get more out of them!  In fact, we usually absorb only about 15% of the iron we eat, but vitamin C doubles that amount by making it easier to digest. 

Woman’s World Issue Sept 14, 2009.

Hello, my blogger friends.  I always look for ways to eat much healthier and look for recipes or ways to eat in different magazines I like to purchase.  This week, I bought Woman’s World and this little article intrigued me.  I thought I’d give it a whirl and came home to make this for me.

IMG_4144

Oh!  Let me tell ya!  The mandarin oranges were such a yummy touch to my salad!  IMG_4153

I not only added mandarin oranges and spinach leaves, but I also added sliced red bell pepper, red onion, and carrots.  I also grilled some chicken tenders in some olive oil and added it to my salad.  I cannot tell you how delicious this was!  I get tired of eating heavy meals that leave you feeling blah.  This was perfect! :)  I hope y’all try this!  I’m telling you it was yummy!

Blessings,

Sandra

2 comments:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

That looks delicious and so healthy!

Manuela

Melissa Miller said...

Sounds great Sandra! I'm definitly trying this one. We are huge spinach and salad eaters here.

~Blessings, ~Melissa :)