All photos I have posted in this blog are my own, (unless I've stated that they are someone else's). Please do not use them without my permission. You are welcome to link back to this site.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Spam will not be tolerated. I automatically DELETE those so don't even try!

Monday, December 7, 2009

Our Stockings Are Hung….

by the chimney with care, in hopes that St Nicholas soon would be there. IMG_5147

IMG_5138

Our stockings are hanging next to the fireplace this year. I used to hang them right on the mantle but there is no room this year. So they are hanging in front of our living room window so St Nick can easily find them anyway. The cool little rod came from Kirkland’s.

http://www.kirklands.com/p-791-decorative-stocking-holder.aspx

I added a garland, some Christmas picks, and clear lights. IMG_5127

This is a stereo console that was given to me after my grandmother passed away back in 1988, I believe. It used to belong to her. :)

How do you hang your stockings?

I hope you guys are having a wonderful time decorating. I love to decorate my house for Christmas. I am also creating memories for my kids that they will treasure as they are growing up. :)

I am linking this post to Susan @ http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2009/12/welcome-to-47th-metamorphosis-monday.html

Thank you Susan, for hosting Met Monday. :)

Sandra

10 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

~WOW! Everything is so festive, elegant and beautiful at your home Sandra! LOVE it all!

The wreath hanger you asked me about is a scroll iron hanger and I bought it at Michaels a few months ago. I think it was about 12.99. I hope you find it! It's been a great piece to work with. It's so easy to change the wreath on it.

Enjoy this joyous season! ~Melissa :)

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Hi again!
Hey...I really like that wrought iron stocking holder... there is a store real near me...I hope to check it out! Hugs!

Natasha in Oz said...

What a fantastic way to display your stockings! You have really created a stunning display.

So glad you came to visit and thanks for your kind words and for following! I am so happy to be a new follower of yours too!

Best wishes, Natasha.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Your stockings are wonderful! We always hang ours on our mantel. When we didn't have a mantel, we hung them on door knobs.

Unknown said...

I think Santa will find your stockings wherever you hang them!

susan said...

Sandra-What a cute way to hang your stockings! Sometimes I am afraid ours will fall into the fire! I also enjoyed your bow tutorial and that your 11 yr. old took the pics! Thanks so much for visiting and your sweet comment!

Barb said...

Sandra, these are so charming....I just love the look and they surely make me smile.

Hugs, Barb ♥

Sue said...

I'm following you now too!

The stockings look cute hanging there. As for ours...we are having our 3rd strange Christmas. My kids are 20-somethings. My daughter works for Disney and we will be in a hotel room there for Christmas...she will get a stocking filled there. My son stays here, and we will celebrate with him this weekend, he will get stocking stuffers...wrapped. I miss the good old days when they were hung on the fireplace, but kids grow up!

Sue

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I don't think I have seen one of those hangers before. Great idea and it is pretty. Did you add the decor on top or did it come with it?
Thanks for sharing.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sandra...

Ohhh...how beautiful all of your Christmas stockings look hanging from the stocking rod! And...you've decorated it so beautifully!!! My friend, you home is simply gorgeous...I just know that you are making the most wonderful memories of Christmas with your family! That's what Christmas is all about...family and the celebration of the birth of Jesus!!!

Warmest wishes and blessings for a Merry Christmas!!!

Chari @Happy To Design