All photos I have posted in this blog are my own, (unless I've stated that they are someone else's). Please do not use them without my permission. You are welcome to link back to this site.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Spam will not be tolerated. I automatically DELETE those so don't even try!

Friday, February 19, 2010

It’s Not Speaking To Me…

*Big Blush Here*  Have you ever bought a piece of decorative item and love it but the color was just not right?   You decide to paint it or do something to it thinking that it’s going to awesome!  Yay!  So you paint it, get your sweet hubby to hang it for you and he obliges to hang it cause he loves you so much.  It’s hung and you think…….”I don’t like that color”  and so you hint around to your sweet and loving hubby that you are going to paint this piece yet again.  Friends, this is what I’m talking about.   I bought this topper and it was a gold color so I antiqued it a bit.  I liked it when it was all finished but when I had my loving hubby hang it up for me, it didn’t speak to me.  LOL You know what I’m talking about! 

IMG_0321 (800x457)

Here it is with the group.  I’m not finished yet cause I need to hang another frame on the other side but I just had to show you this topper.  I’m thinking of painting it like the sconce.  Should I paint it like the sconce or keep it the way it is?  Decisions!  Decisions!

IMG_0318 (800x600)

Here is a close-up of the sconce.  It is like an antique color, kwim?  

IMG_0322 (800x600)

Stay tuned!  Once I finish this area, I will show you the results. 
Sandra

4 comments:

Rebecca Nelson said...

Are you kidding me?

This is an everyday occurrence in home.

Changing our minds in a right of passage. I take pride in it!

:) Can't wait to see what you've done!

xoRebecca

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sorry I am of no help. I have 2 architectural pieces that I want to hang, but can't get my act together and decide the color and/or where to hang them.

Melissa Miller said...

Sandra you are so right! I do this constantly. I really love your gorgeous topper as is. I think the lighter color paint might blend in with the wall. Try it though. You canm always piant it again right? LOL! Happy decorating!

~Blessings, ~Melissa :)

Sue said...

I'm really going to throw you here...but, I like the topper color and I would paint the sconce to match it. But, that's just me. I seem to be all about dark color right now!

Sue